ASM '02 > Event > FAQ


    Simple navigation without DHTML


Frequently Asked Questions about the event

Kindly read these Questions and Answers before your email us. If you have questions after reading this FAQ, we'll be happy to help you - please email us at [email protected]

Remember also to read the FAQ concerning ticket sales.


Q: Are there some rules I need to follow at the party place?
A: Yes, please read about the rules here. Also remember that all Finnish laws apply also at ASSEMBLY.
Q: What should I bring with me to the party place?
A: Please read the first time visitor's guide for instructions.
Q: Are there any age restrictions?
A: No, ASSEMBLY is open to all. Our youngest visitors are usually 10 years old and our oldest over 50 years. However, we recommend that people under 13 don't come to ASSEMBLY alone, but with friends.
Q: Do you rent computers?
A: No, we don't rent computers. If you want to use a computer, you have to bring your own.
Q: Do I need insurance for my valuable property?
A: Yes, you should check that your insurance covers damages to your property! ASSEMBLY Organizing doesn't provide any insurances for equipment brought in by visitors!
Q: Do you have cleaning, electricity, security etc services?
A: Yes we do. Please check the 24h/day services page.
Q: I need a visa in order to travel to Finland. What do I do?
A: Contact your local authorities for information about getting a visa to Finland. Many times you need some invitation from our side. In those cases, please contact us via email and explain your needs. Also, send us a model of how the invitation should be done (this helps us a lot), word document is OK. Also, explain where we should send the invitation and how to proceed.

Computer places

Q: How big is the computer place?
A: The computer place is 80cm wide and 70cm deep. It stands roughly 70cm off the ground.
Q: How can I find my computer place?
A: Read the instructions here.
Q: Can I bring my coffee maker, microwave oven, fridge, pizza oven etc to my computer place?
A: No. Kitchen equipment consumes so much electricity that they very easily short out the electricity grid. There is a separate place for these devices in the Main Arena.
Q: Can I build structures on top of my computer place?
A: Yes and no. Read the exact information here.
Q: How long electricity extension cord do I need?
A: You should bring at least 5 meters long extension cord with as many power plugs as you need.

Getting my stuff in & out

Q: When are the loading entrances open?
A: The loading entrances in the Ground and First floor are open Thursday 12-18, Friday 10-18 and Sunday 10-18
Q: Do you have carriages for transporting my property?
A: Yes, we have a limited number of carriages available. Please return the carriages to the loading entrance after you have used them.
Q: Can I drive my car to the loading entrance?

Loading entrances can not be accessed by car. You should first drive to the parking garage and then bring your stuff to the party place with a carriage.



Q: What kind of a network card do I need?
A: You need a 10/100 Mbps Ethernet network card with RJ45 connector. Read more.
Q: What kind of a network cable do I need?
A: You need a 10 meter long normal twisted pair (TP) network cable. Read more.
Q: Can I buy network equipment from you?
A: Some of our sponsors sell such equipment at the party place, so you can buy network cables, network cards, CD-Rs etc from them.


New compo: mobile demo

Questions? Email us at [email protected]. (C) Copyright 2001 ASSEMBLY Organizing