Platforms allowed in oldskool compos
The Oldskool compos are available to all all computer platforms publicly available prior to 1990 except PC compatibles and Amigas (these are represented already in the combined compos). By default we will support C64, MSX and Game console platforms in the oldskool compos, but if you have a platform (e.g. VIC20, Sinclair Spectrum) you wish to use, contact us by email and we'll see if we can add it to the list of supported platforms.
- Only one contribution from each group/artist is accepted for each competition series.
- Contributions must be 100% finished before the deadline, because we will copy and spread all of them at the party. This is just to avoid final versions being released months or possibly even years after the party.
- The deadlines aren't too flexible so please deliver your contributions in time (Read: Early enough) to avoid hassle.
- Your contribution disks won't be returned (Doing so would cause an enormous hassle, just use your imagination and guess why!).
- a standard C64
- original 1541 floppy drive
- Action Replay MK6 cartridge
- MSX1 (VDP1, PSG, 64k RAM)
- all productions have to be executable files on MSX-DOS1 or MSX-BASIC (.COM, .BAT or .BAS)
- entries on 5"25 or 3½" disks
- Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
- Sega MegaDrive, Sega MegaDrive II
- you must bring the console and all necessary audio & video cables for connecting the console to a regular TV set (if you have high quality cables and extra connectors to e.g. SVHS, Scart etc, please take them with you).
- any computer platform publicly available prior to 1990 (except PC compatibles and Amigas)
- platform must be accepted before the party and the competitor must bring the machine with him
- it must be possible to get PAL output from the machine
- platforms are accepted on case by case basis. Contact us by email at [email protected] to suggest a platform.
Questions? Email us at [email protected]. (C) Copyright 1992 - 2002 ASSEMBLY Organizing