Combined compo rules for PC
- The name of any file
has to comply to the ISO-9660 standard (i.e. NO special or "SuP3r
k3wl" characters are allowed)
- The maximum length of the file name is 16+3 characters
- The production must NOT save anything on the hard drive.
- All entries will be shown in 640x480 resolution
- The machine for showing the contributions on the big screen will be the AMD based one running Windows 2000 Professional.
- All entries are tested on both machines. Make sure your entries work!
- All Windows entries are tested with Windows 2000 Professional and with Windows 98SE. Make sure your entries work with both machines and both OSes.
If you update your contribution through Zepo, make sure
to upload the WHOLE contribution including everything to make
Make sure you do not make the same mistakes!
- On the main machine; Windows 2000 Professional 'off-the-box' with the latest Service Pack and Internet Explorer installed available two weeks before the party takes place.
- On the secondary machine; Windows 98SE 'off-the-box' with the latest Internet Explorer installed available two weeks before the party takes place.
- latest DirectX available two weeks before the party takes place.
- latest nVidia Detonator XP non-beta drivers available when the party takes place.
- The music system must support and use either DirectSound or the standard Win32 audio functions, direct hardware access is not allowed.
- Windows is run in 640 x 480 x 32 bit mode. The productions will be shown in full screen mode but a windowed mode support is a definite bonus!
- 3D acceleration using OpenGL or Direct 3D
- must not modify Windows registry
- the size of an Windows entry is the size of the unpacked, executable entry installed to a plain vanilla Windows 2000 with the latest DirectX, sound & graphics card drivers. All built in DLLs and APIs can be used.
- Debian distribution (sid / unstable)
- latest stable kernel (2.4.x series)
- latest XFree86 (>=4.2 series)
- latest GNU libc (>=2.2 series)
- demo must run without root-privileges
- maximum resolution used at big screen is 640x480
- some popular graphics APIs that are supported by default
- You may use other common 2d graphics libraries too, but you have to deliver the libraries with your compo entry
- no direct fiddling with the sound hardware. Supported APIs
- long filenames are allowed inside the distribution package, but the package must follow the 16+3 naming convention
Questions? Email us at [email protected]. (C) Copyright 1992 - 2002 ASSEMBLY Organizing