Combined compo rules for Java VM
- Application entries will be run with the latest Java 1.4 JRE
- Applet entries will be run inside the best viewer available at the party time (Explorer, Navigator) on top of Windows 2000. JIT compilation is naturally used.
- if your entry is an applet, you must supply a HTML page and the necessary files in which to run the applet
- the HTML pages maximum width is 700 pixels, max height is 560 pixels.
- you may not open any network connections from the applet (the compo machine won't be connected to Internet)
- the Java code has to comply to the API version 1.4 or a previous official release (e.g. 1.0)
- you may use Java3D classes
- you may use JAR / ZIP archives
- The entry must work with out any platform specific extensions. However, you may use such extensions if the user's platform supports them.
- the size of a Java entry is the size of the unpacked, executable entry run using the Sun Java 1.4 JRE runtime and with the Java3D classes installed. All built in APIs in the JRE can be used.
- The machine for showing the contributions on the big screen will be the AMD based one running Windows 2000 Professional.
- All entries are tested on both machines. Make sure your entries work!
Make no mistake about it folks. Poorly coded stuff will be disqualified with out remorse. Fork out the couple of days it takes to make your code clean for everyone's life to be just that little bit nicer
Questions? Email us at [email protected]. (C) Copyright 1992 - 2002 ASSEMBLY Organizing